Makes 2 Small Omelettes
I bet you thought your omelette days were over once you gave up eggs right? Wrong! With the magic of tofu, you can create an awesome breakfast to enjoy any day of the week. You can of course mix up the fillings you use for this recipe but for now I’m keeping it simple.
- 2/3 cup silken tofu
- 1/4 cup GF corn flour
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 1/2 teaspoons dried turmeric
- Pinch of salt
- Handful baby spinach leaves
- 6 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded vegan cheese
- In a blender, combine the tofu, corn flour, nutritional yeast, non-dairy milk, herbs, turmeric and salt until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat a teaspoon of oil on high and once hot, pour in half the mixture and swirl around until the base of the pan is covered.
- Allow to cook for a minute or so before turning down the heat to medium.
- Sprinkle half of each of the spinach, tomato, onion and vegan cheese onto the top of the mixture and allow to cook for a further 3 or so minutes.
- Using a spatula, gently lift up the edge and check if it’s ready to be flipped. You’ll know it’s ready if the omelette easy lifts from the pan and doesn’t stick.
- When it’s ready, carefully and quickly flip one half of the omelette over the other so it’s folded in half. This part can easily go wrong so make sure you’re careful!
- Allow to cook for a further minute or so before serving immediately. Repeat with the second half of the ingredients.