Remember shaker fries? You’d get the fries and a little sachet of flavouring, chuck ’em in a bag and shake it like a polaroid picture, resulting in crispy, potato-y, spiced goodness. I set out to make a more sophisticated version that you could serve up with your weekly meal or make a big batch for a dinner party. Either way, these spicy spuds are sure to satisfy.
The ingredients I used are all gluten free, however making sure yours are too if you want to ensure they are GF.
- 12 miniature white potatoes
- Spray olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
Tangy Tomato Mayo
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Parboil your potatoes and cut them in half before laying them out on the baking tray and spraying with the olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally.
- While the potatoes are cooking make your cajun seasoning by combining the cajun, paprika and salt in a small bowl.
- Make the tangy tomato mayo by whisking together the vegan mayonnaise, tomato sauce, garlic and mixed herbs.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, toss them in a medium bowl with the cajun seasoning until well coated.
- Serve immediately with a generous squeeze of tangy tomato mayo.