I’m not the official Christmas cook in my household but if there’s one thing I know about cooking a feast, it’s that you need a combo of things you can prepare well in advance and stuff that you can throw together quickly on the day; this salad is the latter. With a glorious mix of Christmas coloured produce, this raw and simple salad is going to cancel out all that other crazy junk you’re surely going to be eating on the big day, that’s how it works, right?
- 4 big-ass zucchinis
- 1 large pomegranate
- 1 bunch of red radishes
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed olive oil
- Juice of half lemon
- 1 teaspoon agave
- Use your spiraliser to create long, thin zucchini noodles. If you don’t have a spiraliser, use a vegetable peeler to create thin ribbons.
- Fill a large bowl with water and cut the pomegranate in half. Break the pomegranate apart while submerged under the water to easily remove seeds without making a (huge) mess. Put the seeds aside and discard the rest.
- Thinly slice the radishes and crush your hazelnuts before setting aside.
- To create the dressing, blend together the tahini, olive oil, lemon juice and agave until smooth.
- Add the zucchini noodles to a bowl or serving plate and sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds and radishes.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top before adding the crushed hazelnuts, salt and pepper.