When you’ve got nothing to do, a rainy day is the perfect excuse to chill hard, bake hard and just generally max relax in the comfort of your own home and/or PJs. Keep the ingredients for my coconut choc chip cookies on hand so next time it starts raining cats and dogs (I wish), you’re ready to bake up a storm.
- 3/4 cup vegan margarine
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line two baking trays with grease-proof paper.
- In a large bowl, cream the vegan margarine, caster sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract before separately whisking together the water and cornflour, add that to the bowl and mix well to combine.
- Throw in the desiccated coconut and sift in the flour, mixing well to create a dough.
- Fold in 1 cup of the chocolate chunks and using 2 tablespoons as a guide, roll the dough into balls and place 5cm apart on the baking trays.
- Gently press a couple of extra chocolate chunks into each cookie ball before using the bottom of a clean glass or back of a spoon to gently press down the cookies.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden around the edges (the longer you cook, the crunchier they’ll be). Allow to cool on the tray for 15 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.