Makes about 21 pieces
Fudge is one thing that I had never really bothered with because replicating the condensed milk thing was so damned hard and the vegan ones on the market were so freaking difficult to get a hold of. Now that condensed coconut milk is pretty easy to pick up at your local supermarket (I get mine from Woolworths), both of those problems are solved and I can now make shitloads of fudge on the regular. This time around I went for a less intense but no less delicious combo of white chocolate and raspberry because the fruit cancels out the chocolate #fact.
- 1 320ml can sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250g vegan white chocolate (I use Sweet William)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries (frozen would probably work too, just not as well
- Line a standard loaf tin with baking paper as neatly as possible so there are less off-cuts.
- In a medium saucepan combine the condensed milk, margarine and sugar, stir over medium heat until well combined and sugar has melted.
- Stir through the vanilla extract before breaking up the white chocolate and adding to the saucepan, stirring until melted.
- Remove from the heat briefly and prepare your raspberries by leaving some whole, cutting others in half and the rest into smaller pieces.
- Fold 3/4 of the berries through the mixture and gently pour into the lined tin.
- Give the tin a couple of firm taps on the bench to settle the mixture before sprinkling the remaining berries on top.
- Freeze for at least three hours to set.
- Keep frozen until ready to serve, trimming the edges before slicing into squares.