Makes 4 cups
Crunchy granola is just about the only cereal-type thing you’ll get me near. When you add all the bits and pieces to make the damned thing taste like apple pie, well dayaaamn you’ve got me hooked! Easy enough to quickly whip up on Sunday for the week ahead but let’s be honest, it ain’t going to last beyond Tuesday (if that). If you had signed up to my newsletter you could have been making this for months now, don’t make the same mistake again by signing up here.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw macadamias
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 green apple
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Chuck the rolled oats into a large bowl and roughly chop the nuts before throwing them in too.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg and stir through the mixture.
- Dice the apple into half centimetre cubes and throw into the bowl.
- Melt together the coconut oil and maple syrup either on the stove or in the microwave.
- Pour the liquid over the oat and nut mixture and mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Spread the mixture out evenly across the two trays, leaving bits a little clumped if you want some crunchy clusters.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, gently tossing the mixture with tongs every 10 minutes or so.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the sultanas over the mixture before allowing to cool completely.
- Keep in a jar until ready to eat.