I love cooking as much as the next person but there comes a time when you simply cannot be effed to put in the hard yards to scrape together a decent meal. Stuffed capsicums are a perfect solution to that problemo because they take no time at all, look like you put in a bit of effort and they’re dope for using up all the bits and pieces you have left in the fridge.
What’s your quick and easy weeknight meal? Let me know in the comments!
- 2 capsicums (any colour you like)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegan mince (I used Gardein but you could also use finely chopped tofu, tempeh or beans)
- 1 cup pasta sauce (use your fave)
- 1/3 shredded vegan cheese
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray or dish with baking paper.
- Chop the capsicums in half lengthways, trim off the core and scoop out the seeds before popping them in the dish.
- In a small frypan, heat the oil before throwing in the onion and garlic.
- Once the garlic and onion have started to brown it’s time to get that mince into the mix.
- Stir the mixture frequently for 5-10 minutes until it starts to darken and chuck in the pasta sauce.
- Keep on cookin’ for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully spoon the mixture evenly into the capsicums before sprinkling with vegan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the cheese has melted nicely.
- Serve with salad or vegetables and enjoy!