I know how bloody hard it can be to avoid pre-packaged snacks while wanting to stay stocked up on delicious treats throughout the work week. That’s why my Blueberry + Lemon Polenta Muffins are the perfect work or school companion with their slightly sweet, lemony berry goodness! Not only are they damned tasty but you can have them ready to go in less than an hour with very minimal clean up.
Note: these are intentionally not as sweet as your usual muffin but feel free to add more agave if that’s what your little heart desires.
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 cups polenta
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Rind and juice of one lemon
- 2/3 cup agave syrup
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and grease a cupcake tin.
- In a medium-sized jug, whisk together the almond milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside.
- Chuck the plain flour, polenta, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the canola oil, lemon juice, rind and agave syrup to the milk mixture and whisk.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well before folding through majority of the blueberries.
- Fill each cupcake section to the brim with the batter and sprinkle a few blueberries on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Allow to cool completely in the tin before gently removing.