Difficulty: Easy – Medium
I’m a huge fan of coconut stuff and jackfruit stuff, so when Nature’s Charm asked if I’d like to team up with them to create a series of recipes using their products I was like “hell yes!” Over the coming months I’m going to hit you with a few dope recipes to give you some #inspo for how to use your Nature’s Charm products.
I don’t mess with tapioca pudding often, but when I was sent Nature’s Charm Condensed Coconut Milk to try I just knew that’s what I had to make with it! Creamy, sticky and sweet – this is everything you remember from classic condensed milk without the gross animal cruelty associated with dairy.
You thought I was just gonna leave it at that, right? As if! This is a badass Banoffee Tapioca Pudding – banana flavoured tapioca, layered with fresh banana. Nature’s Charm Coconut Caramel Sauce adds a whole new world of sweet, rich flavour and to top it all off I’ve thrown in the miracle product – Nature’s Charm Coconut Whipping Cream for that final banoffee touch. This is the dessert to end all desserts, fam.
You can pick up Nature’s Charm stuff online and in stores all over Australia and the US. Stay tuned for more recipes on Like A Vegan using Nature’s Charm products!
- 1 can Nature’s Charm Coconut Whipping Cream
- 1L water
- 2/3 cup seed tapioca
- 1 can Nature’s Charm Condensed Coconut Milk
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I used almond)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons banana extract (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 fresh banana, sliced
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Nature’s Charm Coconut Caramel Sauce
- Pop the Nature’s Charm Coconut Whipping Cream in the fridge overnight. If you’re strapped for time, chuck it in the freezer for 5 hours and that should do the trick.
- Bring the water to the boil in a large saucepan and add the seed tapioca. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- Once the tapioca is almost clear, remove from the heat and strain. Rinse well with cold water and add to a large bowl.
- Rinse out the saucepan and add the Nature’s Charm Condensed Coconut Milk, non-dairy milk, vanilla extract, banana extract and salt.
- Whisk over a medium-high heat until boiling and then reduce to a simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl with the tapioca and mix well.
- Carefully spoon in to 4 glasses and allow to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Once set, slice up the banana and coat with a good squeeze of lemon juice to prevent browning. Add a layer of banana slices to the top of each tapioca pudding (leave some aside for decoration).
- Remove the can of Nature’s Charm Coconut Whipping Cream from the fridge or freezer and simply whip with your mixer until light and fluffy. I use a piping bag to get that “whipped cream” look.
- Drizzle on some Nature’s Charm Coconut Caramel Sauce and pop in a few extra slices of fresh banana.
- Serve ASAP.
This was a sponsored post. You can learn more about sponsored posts and how they help improve Like A Vegan here.