Makes about 1 cup
The cheese platter is a staple of every gathering and for non-vegan folk, they’re pretty effing easy to throw together. For vegans, buying a selection of vegan cheeses can be a bit spenno and making them yourself can be a tad time consuming.
I wasn’t hella confident in making my own cheese recipes so mainly stuck to the recipes of others, however I’ve recently spent some time using what I’ve learned to branch out and create my own! This Garlic + Chive Cashew Cheese is your perf party companion because it’s super inexpensive and easy to make, plus it looks and tastes bitchin’ on any cheese platter. Do you want to see some more easy cheese recipes? Lemme know in the comments!
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 8 hours
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy plain yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon miso paste
- Line a small ramekin with cling wrap and add 1 tablespoon of chopped chives to the base.
- Add the remaining chives to a food processor with the remaining ingredients and blend for a minute or so until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the lined ramekin and use the remaining cling wrap to cover.
- Allow to set in the fridge for a few hours and leave in the fridge until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, carefully remove from the ramekin and place on a platter with crackers and fruit!