Makes 24 cookies (approx)
I told you that my Coconut “Bacon” was versatile! As winter rolls around, smokey and maple flavours go so well together, which is why I whipped up this batch of maple, walnut and coconut “bacon” cookies. You may think this sounds a little gross but I promise you it’s amazing. I’m thinking of perhaps mixing some of the refrigerated dough through ice cream. Oh. My. Word.
- 1 teaspoon egg replacer powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup vegan margarine
- 1 cup raw caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons maple extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup walnuts, crushed
- 3/4 cup coconut “bacon” (recipe here)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg replacer and water, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and raw caster sugar before adding the egg replacer mixture and extracts.
- Next, sift in the flour and baking powder and mix until well combined.
- Fold the coconut “bacon” and walnuts into the dough.
- Using a tablespoon as a measure, create balls of dough and place them evenly on the baking sheets (12 per sheet should be enough room to not have them stick together).
- With the back of a wet spoon, light press down on each ball to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.